Polar Zip Light is a free zipping component for use in any Windows application. It is an ActiveX control, which adds seamless data compression solutions to you applications. It performs adding, extracting, deleting and listing files in archives. Polar Zip Light is ideal for individuals, small business and enterprise software developers. It is user-friendly and free, suitable for beginners and professionals.
Polar Zip Light is compatible with PKZIP 2.04g file format.
Its key features include:
1. Standard Zip and UnZip Actions: creating and deleting zip files, compressing and decompressing entire directories and their contents or a list of directories, specifying the directory where files will be decompressed to
2. General zip information like using wildcards to specify the files to be processed, specifying the name and location of a zip file, events provide data such as file size before compression, the compressed file size and other information, getting the full control over zip comments
3. General process information like setting compression level, working on temporary copies of zip files for maximum safety, getting notification whenever a file is zipped, unzipped, updated, deleted, etc. Also all operation can be aborted. Providing the status of the progress by file and globally with the data shown as percentages, bytes and file counts. Easily updating your progress bars directly with this information, option of limits file processing based on file dates: does not operate on files modified after/on the date you specify.
» version 5.0 - posted on 2006-06-26
This version has bugs fixed and some features, that lots of our customers requested, implemented.
EULA - End User License Agreement
Single User License Agreement
Important! You should carefully read the following terms and conditions.
Your installing of Polar software package indicates your acceptance of them.
By installing this software package (the "SOFTWARE"), or exercising your
rights to make and use copies of the SOFTWARE (as may be provided for below),
or pressing the 'Accept' button below, you agree to be bound by the terms of
this Polar License Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this
Agreement, you are not allowed to use the SOFTWARE. If you would like
specific rights not granted in this agreement, please contact Polar for
Polar Software License Agreement
The enclosed software, including, but not limited to, one or more of the
following: source code, object code, dynamic link libraries, static libraries,
header files, sample programs, utility programs, Makefiles and scripts,
together with the accompanying documentation (collectively known as the
"SOFTWARE") is owned by Polar or its suppliers and is protected by
international copyright laws and treaties.
Therefore, you must treat the SOFTWARE like any copyrighted material (e.g.,
a book or musical recording) except that you may make either:
- one backup copy of the SOFTWARE solely for backup purposes, or
- transfer the SOFTWARE to a hard disk and keep the original copy solely for
Polar grants to you (one software programmer) the limited right to use
only one copy of the SOFTWARE on a single computer (typically one personal
computer) in the manner set forth in this agreement. Each Software
Programmer must have his or her own license to use the SOFTWARE.
The SOFTWARE is protected by copyright laws and international copyright
treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties.
THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT IS LICENSED, NOT SOLD.
License - You May:
1. Use the SOFTWARE on a single computer for purposes of developing
application programs. The SOFTWARE is "in use" on a computer when it is
loaded into temporary memory or installed into permanent memory of such
computer. Installation on a network server for the sole purpose of
internal distribution does not constitute "use" requiring a development
license, but you must have a separate license for each computer on the
network used for developing applications programs. Application programs
include but are not limited to programs and HTML pages.
2. Distribute an unlimited number of copies of the DLL, VBX or OCX files
as part of the application developed using the Software provided the
conditions described in paragraph 2.1 are met. 2.1 The application must
include proper copyright notification for the SOFTWARE. The copyright
notice must be included with any copyright notice for the including
application or at least once in the user interface, and in the printed
and electronic documentation, and packaging. The copyright notification
must be worded similar to the following: This product contains PRODUCT
from Polar. Copyright 1998-2001. All rights reserved. Substitute the
name of the included SOFTWARE for PRODUCT (i.e. Polar Crypto Component).
3. Make one copy of the SOFTWARE for backup or archival purposes or copy
the SOFTWARE to a single permanent storage medium provided you keep the
original solely for backup or archival purposes.
4. Combine the run time portion of the SOFTWARE with your software program
for use subject to the restrictions set forth in Subparagraphs (1) and
(2) above. Any portion of the SOFTWARE distributed with your program will
continue to be subject to the terms and conditions of this License.
You must reproduce and include the Polar copyright notice on any copy or
merged portion of the SOFTWARE.
5. Permanently transfer the SOFTWARE together with this License to another
party, but only if the other party agrees to accept the terms and
conditions of this Agreement. If you transfer the SOFTWARE and License,
you must at the same time notify Polar of the name and address of the
transferee. You also must either transfer all copies, merged portions,
upgrades and prior versions of the SOFTWARE, together with all SOFTWARE
documentation, to the same party or destroy those not transferred. Any
such transfer terminates your License.
6. Modify (i.e. modify the source code and rebuild) the dynamic link
libraries and statically linked libraries and incorporate the modified
dynamic link libraries and statically linked libraries into software
application products that you develop.
7. Make and distribute copies of the dynamic link libraries and statically
linked libraries of the SOFTWARE as incorporated into software
application products that you develop provided that the SOFTWARE, or
other Polar products, do not constitute a major portion of the value of
8. Solely with the respect to electronic documents, you may make an unlimited
number of copies (either in hardcopy or electronic form), provided that
such copies shall be used only for internal purposes and are not
republished or distributed beyond the licensee's premises.
9. Use and modify the source code version of those portions of the SOFTWARE
that are identified in the documentation as the Sample Code ("SAMPLE CODE"),
provided you do not distribute the SAMPLE CODE, or any modified version
of the SAMPLE CODE, in source code form.
Prohibited uses - You May Not
1. RENT, LEASE, OR LEND THE SOFTWARE OR SOFTWARE DOCUMENTATION.
2. OTHERWISE TRANSFER OR USE, COPY, OR MERGE THE SOFTWARE,IN WHOLE OR IN
PART, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PERMITTED IN THIS LICENSE.
3. MODIFY, DECOMPILE, DISASSEMBLE, REVERSE ENGINEER OR TRANSLATE THE
4. REPRODUCE, MODIFY OR TRANSLATE THE SOFTWARE DOCUMENTATION.
5. REMOVE ANY PROPRIETARY NOTICES, LABELS OR MARKS ON THE SOFTWARE OR
6. DEVELOP OR DISTRIBUTE APPLICATIONS THAT PROVIDE DIRECT ACCESS TO THE
SOFTWARE'S PROGRAMMING INTERFACE.
7. BUNDLE THE SOFTWARE IN A DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENT.
8. USE THE SOFTWARE TO CREATE AN APPLICATION THAT IS NOT SIGNIFICANTLY
DIFFERENT THAN THE VBX/DLL OR OCX.
9. SEPARATION OF COMPONENTS. THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT IS LICENSED AS A SINGLE
PRODUCT. ITS COMPONENT PARTS MAY NOT BE SEPARATED FOR USE ON MORE THAN
10.EXPOSE THE INTERFACES OF THE SOFTWARE THROUGH YOUR APPLICATION.
(e.g. an OCX, DLL, class library, etc.)
The source codes of the SOFTWARE are valuable assets of Polar. You agree to
keep all source codes of the SOFTWARE in confidence. You may not transfer
or assign the SOFTWARE or your rights under this agreement.
You may terminate your License and this Agreement at anytime by destroying
the SOFTWARE and SOFTWARE documentation together with all copies in any form.
They will also terminate automatically if you fail to comply with any term
or condition of this Agreement, in which event you agree to destroy the
SOFTWARE and SOFTWARE documentation together with all copies in any form,
and to provide us upon our request with written certification of such
Limited Warranty/Limitation of Remedies
EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT, THE SOFTWARE AND SOFTWARE
DOCUMENTATION IS PROVIDED AND LICENSED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Limitation of liability
IN NO EVENT WILL POLAR BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT
LIMITATION LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, LOSS OF DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION
LOSS, RECOVERY OR SUBSTITUTION COSTS, OR CLAIMS BY THIRD PARTIES, OR OTHER
INDIRECT INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR
INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF POLAR OR A POLAR DEALER HAS BEEN
ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO CASE SHALL POLAR'S
LIABILITY EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF THE LICENSE FEE PAID BY YOU FOR THE SOFTWARE.
High Risk Activities
The SOFTWARE is not fault-tolerant and is not designed, manufactured or
intended for use or resale as on-line control equipment in hazardous
environments requiring fail-safe performance, such as in the operation of
nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation or communication systems, air
traffic control, direct life support machines, or weapons systems, in which
the failure of the Software could lead directly to death, personal injury,
or severe physical or environmental damage ("High Risk Activities").
Polar and its suppliers specifically disclaim any express or implied
warranty of fitness for High Risk Activities.
Polar will provide you (the original licensee only) with limited technical
support by electronic media for a period of 60 days after delivery of the
SOFTWARE to you. You can use your technical support rights by contacting us:
- using e-mail: email@example.com
- using support web forms on our web site at www.polarsoftware.com
This agreement is governed by international copyright laws and treaties.
The prevailing party in any action or proceeding brought in connection with
a breach of this Agreement will be entitled to reimbursement by the other
party for costs and reasonable attorneys' fees.
Any questions concerning this Agreement should be referred in writing to
Polar (see our address on top of this agreement).
Copyright 1998-2001 Polar and/or its suppliers, Polar, Put Supavla 1,
HR-21000 Split, Croatia, Europe. All rights reserved. Specifications
subject to change without notice.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved
You acknowledge that you have read this agreement, and by installing this
software package indicate your acceptance of its terms and conditions. You
also agree that it is the complete agreement between us and that it
supersedes any prior information or representations you received relating to
the subject matter of this agreement. No Polar dealer, distributor
representative or employee is authorized to make any modifications or
additions to this agreement.
Put Supavla 1